Natural Skincare….Clean Skincare… Just what do these phrases actually mean??
Hello MK Beauties! Hope you had a fabulous Fourth and are enjoying your summer. Summer months usually mean less makeup and a simple skincare routine that really helps enhance our skin and give us a beautiful and natural look. Last week we talked about summer skin issues and how to combat them. Because the truth is we want to feel beautiful all year long but especially in the summer when we aren’t as covered up!!
Natural skincare and clean skincare have become phrases thrown around by many in recent times. There are truths and misconceptions about both.
Cosmetic ingredients are hotly debated in the U.S., where theFDA has banned just 11 additives in our cosmetic products. And the crazy thing is that there have been very few regulations added since 1938. With the exception of color additives, cosmetics may contain any ingredient, as long as it does not cause the product to be extremely unsafe in any way.
So today I am going to break it down for you… Being educated on this will help you in your quest to take care of yourself and your family and to achieve and maintain healthy skin and a healthy body.
Did you know any company can use the word ‘natural’ on its label? This means that no matter how many potentially harmful or questionable ingredients are found inside a skincare formula, its brand can technically still call it a natural product. This actually goes one step further because ‘natural’ is not even an official term. ‘Natural’ cannot be regulated. But as a consumer, if you hear the word natural, you think you are making a smart choice. Unfortunately that is not always the case.
What natural usually means is that the product is free from synthetic chemicals that may be linked to health problems or some of the most popular skin irritants including fragrance, dyes, and certain preservatives such as parabens…But that is not always the case, so as the consumer, you need to do research so you really know what you’re buying.
Another issue are active ingredients. A lot of times, effective ingredient molecules may be too large to even penetrate the skin. So to shrink these molecules to attempt to make products penetrate the skin, the active ingredient may end up being so minimal that no benefit can actually even be attained.
Now let’s discuss Clean Skincare
Most often, clean skincare is referred to as products that are mindfully created and produced without any proven or suspected toxic ingredients. Clean Beauty products include ingredients ethically sourced and are made with the health of our bodies and the environment in mind. They are also eco-friendly and cruelty- free.
Easy ways to make good decisions about skin care purchases
Do an ingredient check.- Know what’s in what you’re buying! Research ingredients! Mikel Kristi Skincare combines the purest plant-derived ingredients with leading-edge scientific advancements, to bring you eco-lux products that really work. Our ingredients are globally sourced to find naturally-resilient, nutrient-rich plants that Balance, Aide in Increased Cell Turnover, Boost Collagen, Assist in Cellular Repair, and Help Protect From Environmental Stressors.
Each product is expertly designed to work synergistically, simplifying your skin care routine and making it easy to adapt, wherever life may take you. We're committed to crafting effective, yet luxurious blends that are botanically-based, cruelty free, sustainable, and put your long-term skin health first.
- Pick less packaging.Less packaging can mean a product line is more environmentally friendly. At MK, not only do we care about the product that is inside our bottles, we care about the packaging itself. We use packaging with minimal man made materials so that we maintain environmental friendliness.
- Choose products with minimal fragrance and dye-free -Unnecessary fragrances and dyes are one of the leading causes of skin irritations and allergic reactions. MK products have no colors or dyes. Some products may have a nice subtle smell or a beautiful color and consistency, but that is ONLY because of their active ingredients!! What a beautiful bonus, right? Rest assured, what is in our products is all part of the necessary ingredient line to make them most effective for you!
So what are you waiting for? Instead of stressing about what is or is NOT in your skincare, you can visitMikelKristi.com now, and pick up just what you need for your best skin ever! And the best part is you don’t have to worry about what you’re putting on your skin! Each and every product from our eco-lux is formulated with the most beautiful CLEAN ingredients!!
And right now we're extending a TOO GOOD TO IGNORE limited time offer for our new and returning customers!!
75% off new Subscribe & Save orders on all Mikel Kristi Skincare Products sitewide + 20% off future subscription shipments as long as you have an active subscription.
Our Subscription Program is CONVENIENCE WITH COMPLETE CONTROL
Just follow these simple steps to Subscribe & Save Today:
- Select Subscribe & Save on each individual product you want to add to your order. You get 75% off your 1st order for each product you add.
- Choose the frequency of your order and click add to cart.
- After your 2nd shipment you can:
- Edit your subscription any time here.
- Skip Deliveries or Change Shipment Frequency
- Add, Delete, or Swap products for future orders
- Cancel ANY TIME after 2nd shipment (remember, it's 20% off!)
Choose your products before 11:59 pm PST on 7/19/2020 and learn more about our subscription program here.
Here's to your best skin ever!