Just like we need to feed our body certain nutrients for health, we need to feed our skin for optimal health and beauty as well. To optimally nourish your skin, here are some tips:
- Skin nourishment and overall health starts on the inside. Eat a mostly (90%+) plant- based diet with low glycemic index vegetables and fruits. Supplement this with lean, healthy, organic proteins. Consume healthy fats like nuts, olive oil and avocado daily. This diet will provide your skin with proteins to build collagen and antioxidants and fatty acids to decrease inflammation and collagen breakdown.
- Consider supplementing your diet (consult your medical provider) with B vitamins, vitamin D3, zinc and omega fatty acids (fish oils or Udo’s oil) to help decrease inflammation.
- Choose skincare products topically for protection, collagen stimulation and natural exfoliation. Our Mikel Kristi Core Collection not only meets these needs, but exceeds them by providing the nourishing ingredients of vitamin A, vitamin C, peptides, growth factors and many other hydrating and healing ingredients. Also, wear SPF with zinc oxide daily for added protection.
- Choose skincare products that work! Your skin is your largest organ and its role is to act as a protective barrier from outside invaders like bacteria, viruses and other toxins. The skincare products that you use need to be able to absorb through this barrier to reach the living layers of the skin to work their magic. At Mikel Kristi, we use liposomal encapsulation technology to effectively deliver our active ingredients into the skin for great results.
- Choose cosmeceutical products, i.e. Mikel Kristi. Cosmeceuticals are skincare products that use bioavailable ingredients that can absorb into the skin and deliver bioactive ingredients that affect the positive changes in the skin that we want to see. Many products have amazing ingredients; however, these ingredients just sit on the surface of the skin and do not affect the changes we want. This is why, many times, the products that you buy, don’t work.
- Exercise daily. Exercise helps to nourish the skin by increasing detoxification through lymphatic action and by increasing blood flow to deliver nutrients and oxygen. Sweating also helps to maintain a healthy skin microbiome and pH.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Drink more water on a daily basis. Your skin is ~55% water and if you are dehydrated, then your skin is not going to look radiant and supple. As a rule, drink at least 50-100% of your body weight in ounces of water daily. For example, if you weigh 120 pounds, then you would aim to drink 60-120 oz of water daily. For added flavor and electrolytes, add a squeeze of lemon, lime or use an electrolyte supplement such as Nuun.
- Smile more. Smiling releases happiness hormones like dopamine and serotonin. These hormones play important roles in your overall happiness, well-being and stress levels. Show your glow with a big, beautiful smile.
- Get enough restful deep sleep. Aim to sleep 7-8 hours per night. Sleep is the time when our bodies rejuvenate and repair. Your skin is doing the same, especially if you are applying all the right skin ingredients topically like our Vital A serum, Bio Peptide Serum and C Radiance Moisturizer. These potent bioactives work their magic while you sleep.
Follow these simple tips and enjoy your skin’s youthful, healthy glow. Go to Mikelkristi.com today for our potent and effective cosmeceuticals.