Part 1: Cleansing Tips
- Facial skin should be cleansed every morning and evening.
- Use a cleanser that is gentle and that will not strip the skin of its natural oils. Even acne prone skin should not be stripped of all oils.
- Wash your hands first then wet the face.
- Use a dime size amount of cleanser and gently massage into facial skin using circular motions for 30-60 seconds each morning and evening.
- Only use your fingers to cleanse the delicate facial skin. Abrasive washcloths or scrubs can irritate the skin leading to bumps and blemishes.
- A good cleanser should be gentle enough and effective enough to use to remove all eye make-up.
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water and pat dry. Do not scrub or rub facial skin.
- Cleansing in the evening is important to remove makeup and residue from the day. This will allow for better penetration of your anti-aging serums and creams. Evening cleansing will also decrease pore clogging and breakouts.
- Cleansing skin in the morning removes the excess dead skin cells from the skin’s regenerative and anti-aging processes that occurred during sleep.
- Cleansing skin in the morning also decreases oiliness during the day especially for acne prone skin.
My favorite cleanser is our Purifying Botanical Wash. It is ultra refreshing to both the skin and senses and smells like lemon drops. This lushly foaming aromatic botanical gel is perfect for all skin types, especially normal to oily/problematic. Our plant-derived foaming agents deeply cleanse, soothe, and balance, while our refreshing proprietary lemony herbal blend targets bacteria that may cause breakouts. Perfect for daily use. Safe for use to remove eye makeup.
Wild Daisy Anti Inflammatory Wash is perfect those sensitive to scents and more sensitive skin types. For all skin types, especially very sensitive and/or dry skin. Perfectly foaming gel for 'the' most sensitive skin. Gentle and unscented foaming botanical gel with the very potent anti-inflammatory wild daisy extract. Perfect for daily use and excellent pre/post treatment for all skin types. Safe for use to remove eye makeup.
Facial cleansing is a very important step in your skin regimen. Cleansing the palette allows for optimal penetration all your creams and serums for Your Best Skin.
Up next... Part 2: Sun Protection