Winter has finally come to Tucson and our skin is feeling the dryness. As the humidity drops and the heaters come on, the moisture is pulled from our skin leaving us feeling tight, dry and itchy. Restore your skin’s moisture barrier with these easy tips:
- Avoid long, hot showers or baths
- Invest in a humidifier to increase the moisture in the air
- Drink at least 50% of your body weight in water daily
- Take Udo’s Oil Supplement daily for all your essential fatty acids
- Dry brush the skin before every shower or bath. This is not only great for removing dead skin cells but it also aids in your body’s lymphatic drainage/detox.
- Don’t over exfoliate the body skin. Use a gentle physical exfoliation on the body like
- mikel kristi’s Bamboo Body Polish or a loofah a few times a week.
- Never physically exfoliate your facial skin! The skin on our face is much too delicate and harsh physical exfoliation creates an ugly sandpapery texture. Use a gentle retinaldehyde product like mikel Kristi Vital A serum to support your skin’s natural exfoliation and cell turnover process.
- Apply moisturizer as needed. Try mikel Kristi Fran’s Lemon Verbena body moisturizer. This luxuriously rich moisturizer not only smells great but restores the body’s moisture barrier. Apply generously to the body twice a day.
- For facial moisturizer, my favorite is mikel Kristi Calendula. Calendula is a rich, anti- inflammatory, anti-aging moisturizer that’s perfect for adding moisture without feeling heavy or greasy on the face. Apply once or twice a day as needed.
- Choose your skin care products carefully. Many companies use harsh chemicals and alcohols in their products which only make the skin worse. At mikel Kristi, we use all- natural, plant based ingredients that have been proven to nurture the skin.
Follow these basic steps and enjoy your supple, hydrated skin for the holiday season.